Research Project Structure, word count and presentation
The word limit for your Research Project is 6,500 words. Oxford Brookes recommends the following structure and approximate word distribution for your Research Project. We believe that this will allow you to demonstrate all of the required technical and professional skills, and graduate skills in sufficient depth.
PART 1 - Project objectives and overall research approach - 1,000 words
The first part of your Research Project 'sets the scene' It should include the following:
* The reasons for choosing your project topic area and choosing the particular organisation that was the focus of your research work
* What you wanted to find out in your research work. i.e. your project objectives and research questions
* An explanation of your overall research approach. This should provide the reader with a understanding of the overall framework that you developed to meet your project objectives and answer your research questions.
PART 2 - Information gathering and accounting / business techniques - 1,500 words
The second part of your Research Project should provide more detail about (i) the information that you have gathered and (ii) the accounting and business techniques you have chosen to apply to this information. It should include the following:
* The sources of information from which you have obtained relevant data
* A description of the methods used to collect information, including online access
* A discussion of the limitations of your information gathering
* Identification of any ethical issues that arose during your information gathering and how they were resolved
* An explanation of the accounting and / or business techniques you have used, including a discussion of their limitations.
Bsc - accounting technique
Could anybody throw some light/ indicate the type of "accounting and / or business techniques" that have to be used, for topic number 8(review of financial and business performance of a company over 3 years).
I will be most obliged for any help.
Thanks in advance.